Answering questions on Quora

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about using Quora as a way to generate forum traffic and potential membership?

The idea is what you would use Quora to give great answers to questions in your specific niche.

You can add your forum as your credential to be displayed with your answer on Quora.

It might get you noticed enough that you'll start getting more members from Quora.

What do you all think about this tactic?

I used quora in the past to market and it worked pretty well. It doesn’t really work that great anymore though unless you’re really active on it.

There was a time where it was really active and you could get a lot of traffic from it, but it’s been on the decline. I have more luck on Reddit and Tumblr.

I used quora in the past to market and it worked pretty well. It doesn’t really work that great anymore though unless you’re really active on it.

There was a time where it was really active and you could get a lot of traffic from it, but it’s been on the decline. I have more luck on Reddit and Tumblr.
I have no luck on Reddit. The karma has ruined my account, and I cannot share my links. I haven't really tried Quora.

What are you doing with Tumblr? Just making comments?

Back in the day a good way to get active users was to be active on Usenet. As long as you provided good solid answers to the topic you could post a link to your site. You couldn't just go in and say "hey, check this site out for your answer".

If you followed the rules you would get a ton of users sign up and become active. People on Usenet loved the linear design of forums. When Usenet was dying, forums were taking over, people flocked to forums. This was the start of the forum era. Usenet had groups that covered every topic you think of. Forums started popping up to cover the topics. My first off topic was built because the users of alt.offtopic were looking for a home. In 6 months it had over a million posts.

If Quora is like usenet then I think you could gain users by answering questions there.

Back
Top Bottom