Are .community domains ideal for forums?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Bawse

Reaction score
What do think about the .community extension? Have you used .community for any of your forums?

I have one forum with the .community extension. I have no regrets as I love my domain name, and .community domains are TLD's so it's good for SEO.

I had an experience that I would like to tell. It's related to extensions....

A couple of years ago, I was working on a project but I couldn't get the .com. So I went and I got the .org
So, I did find myself, the creator of the project typing the .com version instead the .org. From that moment
I realized, that, if I am dealing with the project everyday and I got confused when typing, I can't imagine those
who are not related or new to that website.

Since then, I only buy .com domains.

I had an experience that I would like to tell. It's related to extensions....

A couple of years ago, I was working on a project but I couldn't get the .com. So I went and I got the .org
So, I did find myself, the creator of the project typing the .com version instead the .org. From that moment
I realized, that, if I am dealing with the project everyday and I got confused when typing, I can't imagine those
who are not related or new to that website.

Since then, I only buy .com domains.
I don't think I'll have that issue with my site as it's a one word domain with the . community extension, but I can see your point. I usually don't buy domains if the .com isn't available.

TLD's aren't as important as they once were. Google pretty much made it that way. No matter what the TLD is the search engines will find it.

I used to be hardcore .com only but now I can get domains I really want with .blog and others so I'm getting used to using them all!

TLD's aren't as important as they once were. Google pretty much made it that way. No matter what the TLD is the search engines will find it.
That is true I suppose. However if you choose a .ca or .us domain for example, you'll be limited to search engine traffic from those countries. I'll always prefer TLDs because the algorithm is always changing.

There used to be a cool site named alien.community. I thought the forum was very unique and was the domain and it was the first time I have encountered that extension.

Anyway, I don't think communities should be forced or encouraged to use .forum or .community, but it can be a cool addition.

Back
Top Bottom