Can anyone get rich off forums?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Do you hope to one day earn a substantial income from your forum?

Do you think we can get rich from forums these days? Why or why not?

I'm curious what you all think about this topic.

I don't think you can now. I used to make $500-$600 a month with adsense a few years ago. Now in a good month I'll make $100. Mostly $30-$40.

I am sure the big forum corps make good money. The average Joe forum probably doesn't.

I usually make a few hundred dollars from AdSense on one blog but it gets around 500,000 sessions a month and it took a long time to get there. I don't see my forums getting there.

I don't think you can now. I used to make $500-$600 a month with adsense a few years ago. Now in a good month I'll make $100. Mostly $30-$40.

I am sure the big forum corps make good money. The average Joe forum probably doesn't.
Have you tried using other adsense alternatives? Such as, mediavine or media.net? I’ve heard that they have better CPC and CPM rates than adsense lately.

Have you tried using other adsense alternatives? Such as, mediavine or media.net? I’ve heard that they have better CPC and CPM rates than adsense lately.
I'd be interested in seeing what they do versus AdSense, too!

I've had them both. Adsense beat them so I dropped them. That was a couple years ago.

I've had them both. Adsense beat them so I dropped them. That was a couple years ago.
What about affiliate links -- ever messed around with them much?

What about affiliate links -- ever messed around with them much?
Yes I did. In the early days when I first started. Made me enough to pay the server costs.

I was an Amazon affiliate. I had a shop setup on my off topic forum. It made lots of money. Then Amazon changed it's policy in some states. Don't remember the particulars. Something about sales tax. Since I was in one of the states my account was disabled. Talk about a kick in the ass.

I think they changed it now. I never looked back into it. Doubt it would be as good as it was.

I was an Amazon affiliate. I had a shop setup on my off topic forum. It made lots of money. Then Amazon changed it's policy in some states. Don't remember the particulars. Something about sales tax. Since I was in one of the states my account was disabled. Talk about a kick in the ass.
I remember that.

My state was one of them - Illinois. Now I am able to earn again but I remember pretty much getting kicked out of it for being from IL.

Back
Top Bottom