Changing domain names

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Have you ever changed a domain name for your forum?

If so, tell us about it. What was the previous domain and what was the new domain name?

Did you take any steps to ensure search engine health at all?

Was the change positive in the end or should you had let it remain as it was before?

Sadly yes. During my illness I lost a few domains. I really never expected to re-open any of the sites. After almost a year and a clean bill of health I decided to open the sites again. Only problem is I lost a few of the domains. On the other hand I regained a domain I let expire that was a better fit for one site.

Sadly yes. During my illness I lost a few domains. I really never expected to re-open any of the sites. After almost a year and a clean bill of health I decided to open the sites again. Only problem is I lost a few of the domains. On the other hand I regained a domain I let expire that was a better fit for one site.
I closed down the original AAF long ago over personal issues.

I actually gave the domain and forum database to Howard from The Admin Zone.

The domain (this one I am using now) stayed unavailable for a long time.

I happened to check it, saw that it was available again, and took it!

It's like a second chance :D

Reactions: AWS
I recently changed a domain for my forum. Many years ago, I started a dropshopping store called Lifestyle Products and used lifestyleproducts dot club as the domain name. Since sales were not coming, I revamped into a blog and then finally into a forum. I ran the forum with the same domain for two years and how I changed it to lifestyle discussion dot com

Back
Top Bottom