Could your forum survive without your activity?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like if I were to take a 3 week break from my forums, I'd come back to empty forums.

I think I bring a lot of activity to the communities because I know what to post that will usually make people want to reply.

How about you all and your forums?

Do you feel at this state, your current forums would be able to sustain activity without your presence?

I feel like if I were to take a 3 week break from my forums, I'd come back to empty forums.

I think I bring a lot of activity to the communities because I know what to post that will usually make people want to reply.

How about you all and your forums?

Do you feel at this state, your current forums would be able to sustain activity without your presence?
Nope, not enough activity. I run 2 forums, 1 of them is related to my career. I am slowly churning this one as the actual website is popular but the forums are new. I set up scheduled posts to at least have 1 new post a day to maintain activity in each of the 5 main categories.

The forum I had could generate no members despite the content. In other words, it would have needed a lot of money for marketing. As of now, I'm too swamped with family emergencies to spend big cash, but that's what would be needed for some new project.

The forum I had could generate no members despite the content. In other words, it would have needed a lot of money for marketing. As of now, I'm too swamped with family emergencies to spend big cash, but that's what would be needed for some new project.
I don't think you need to spend anything.

Just do some post exchanges, post often, and work on slowly building it up. Rome wasn't built in a day, right?

I don't think so. My forum relies on me creating new discussions. My staff would help keep it alive if I were to disappear for a bit, but I didn't build my forum to stay alive. I want to grow, improve, and expand my forum over time.

I don't think so. My forum relies on me creating new discussions. My staff would help keep it alive if I were to disappear for a bit, but I didn't build my forum to stay alive. I want to grow, improve, and expand my forum over time.
Staff is helpful but they definitely need a leader to help lead them in creating great content - which is you.

I think my forum would go inactive if I weren't there.

Right now, it's just me.....I don't have any other staff because I'm building my community at the moment. I didn't figure I'd have a bunch of people on staff right off the bat since there's not really a bunch of stuff to do or moderate. Now, if the forum gets active, that may be a different story.

No, I don't think mine would survive much without the admin. I am most of the time logged in, and there is not much going on, I can't
imagine without me then.

I think my forums with staff members added could manage a few days.

This weekend for example, I'll be camping in Missouri. It'll be in an area where I will not have any signal.

I'll be forum-free for a few nights.

I feel like everything should be good when I get back :)

Back
Top Bottom