Forum Bullies

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Forum bullies...

Members or even staff who are often arrogant and push their beliefs onto other members. These people are often mean, constantly negative, and will abuse any power you give them.

I believe that their behavior and attitude will create a toxic environment that your forum will never recover from if you don't stop them as quickly as possible.

Have you ever dealt with a forum bully? If so, how did you respond?

How about a staff member of your forum or even another forum who was a bully? How did you respond to that?

I've ran into people like that in real life and I see what you mean. Also, I ran into this on a gaming forum once I started talking about politics.

My conclusion is people like that are uncurable, so the best idea is to leave.

There was a time I was called a bully at the vbulletin forum. I always say what's on my mind and some people at vbulletin had issues with it. It happened during the vb 3 fiasco. I was one of the few beta testers. There were 3 of us. me, Floris and Mikey.

I got testy and questioned why it was taking so long. They rebooted it 4 times. It took 3 1/2 years to finally get it released. Kier was leading the team. If you seen any of my past posts you know I think Kier is an egotistical narcissist. Only posts to stroke his ego. He isn't much of a coder either. If you look back to his vbulletin days you'll see that development stalled because John and James took sabiticals and turn the reins over to Kier. It remained stalled until they hired Freddy and MIke as coders.During the time is when I was called a bully because I frequently called out Kier. His minions hated me for it.

If you follow the xenforo development you saw the same thing when Mike left. Development stopped. Hence almost 3 years to get 2.3 which was supposed to v3.0 out.

In any case I went off the rail. Sorry.

I don't tolerate bullying on my forum. I'll send a warning first depending on the situation, before I banned a member.

I am as humble as It can get. But sometimes you encounter some people trying to push you down or laugh at you, at those moments I can get as arrogant as ****.
I do not like to bully anybody, but when someone tries on me, it just won't happen.

I've had my fair share of forum bully encounters.

Mainly on free forum software platforms.

One in particular accused me of being someone else who ripped him off on a theme job. I never made themes. This guy bad mouthed me everywhere. I used a little open-source intelligence (a phrase not really coined at that time) and make a website giving away all his information as retaliation. It got me banned from the official SMF forum. That was later lifted. I probably overreacted but this guy went all over the internet calling me a thief when I wasn't the person, he was angry with to begin with.

The other time was with a very entitled stuck-up person on MyBB. He ran some sort of forum about toy tops or something like that. He would criticize everyone and talk down on them as if he was better than them. He's the reason I make rules on my forums about not being negative all the time.

I'm extremely laid back but I can't stand a bully!

I don't like bullies. It doesn't matter if it's IRL or online.

I don't like it when someone pushes their beliefs on me so I try not to do it to other people.

I don't like bullies. It doesn't matter if it's IRL or online.

I don't like it when someone pushes their beliefs on me so I try not to do it to other people.
I agree.

I'm fine with debating and opinion sharing.

However, there is a line between debating and belittling. There is a lot of bullying online and between mainstream media. It's to a point to where it makes all sides look weak. I hate that.

I can't stop that, but I sure can stop it from happening on the forum!

Back
Top Bottom