Forum Software Haters

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Do you feel that forum software impacts whether people join a forum or not?

I have a vBulletin powered forum and I've wondered if some refuse to join it simply because they're upset over past issues regarding vBulletin.

Do you think this happens, still to this day?

How do you feel about that sort of thing? Is there warrant in it or is it just silly?

I doubt it. There are still a few software zealots and fanboys. For the most part those days are over. In all honesty you shouldn't want those types to be a part of the community. They only bring along drama.

In my case is not about hate, but it's that I work more xenforo 99% of the time. So I tend to join more on forums with xenforo.
xenforo, vBulletin and many others including free software, each with advantages and disadvantages. But
in general all of them are good. And yes, I notice many people joining communities one over the other just based on the software been used.

I mainly use XF myself as a forum admin. Right now, it is very much my main go-to!

But I'll join any forum of any platform. I just want to support forum owners. That's the real picture here. The platform drama is a dead trend, IMO.

I mainly use XF myself as a forum admin. Right now, it is very much my main go-to!

But I'll join any forum of any platform. I just want to support forum owners. That's the real picture here. The platform drama is a dead trend, IMO.
And soon you'll be a moderator on and Invision forum.;););)

I doubt it. There are still a few software zealots and fanboys. For the most part those days are over. In all honesty you shouldn't want those types to be a part of the community. They only bring along drama.
It matters to a point since paid forum software tends to be more popular and so more widely used than free forum software.

Besides that, I feel that while many are willing to join any of the communities running on commercial forum softwares, many are bound to have biases based on the vBulletin to Xenforo migration era.

Back
Top Bottom