ForumDiscovery: The Largest Forum Directory

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

frm

Reaction score
With so many online forums, finding the perfect community that shares your interests can be challenging. ForumDiscovery makes it easy by offering a centralized directory to explore, discover, and join top forums. Whether you’re interested in online discussions or niche hobbies, ForumDiscovery has a space for everyone!

ForumDiscovery aims to bring all the internet forums together in one place. Our goal is to provide an unmatched experience for users who want to find communities that match their interests. Unlike other directories, we don’t just select certain forums to list. Instead, we ensure that only high-quality forums are included, giving users a trustworthy and comprehensive selection.

By keeping our platform updated daily with new forums, users always have something new to discover. Whether you’re a seasoned forum enthusiast or just discovering forums, finding communities in different categories is straightforward, making it easier than ever to connect with people who share your interests.

ForumDiscovery stands out by focusing on quality and openness. We believe in giving users full access to all available forums without hiding anything behind paywalls or filters. Our ever-growing directory aims to become the largest online forum directory, allowing users to engage with communities that align perfectly with their interests.

At ForumDiscovery, we believe finding the right online community should be simple. With our focus on growth and user satisfaction, we’re dedicated to helping everyone find their ideal forum. From niche interest groups to general discussion boards, ForumDiscovery offers something for everyone.

ForumDiscovery isn’t just for users; it’s also a great tool for forum admins. We encourage forum admins to claim their listings and keep them up-to-date. This way, they can provide a clear, engaging description of their community to attract the right members. When forums accurately represent themselves, users can more easily find the places where they truly belong.

Start your journey today and see where ForumDiscovery can take you!

Just tried again. Looks like it worked. I got waiting for approval page.

What are you using for the directory?

Just tried again. Looks like it worked. I got waiting for approval page.
I see it now. I will add it to the priority queue (before it spins up another 20 forums to post) and get that added for you when I wake up tomorrow. If you want to change anything on the information page, you must sign up to claim the forum from @Forum.

The only change that you may not (you can, by permission) make is to change the screenshot as that is an automated system that I have set to grab new screenshots every month in case styles change so as not to mislead users, believing they are going one place and go another. Uniformity (1200x630) is also an issue with the images as well. You may upload any additional images that you wish to the Gallery though.

As a member, you'll see this box on the forum:
1728749433015.png

You go through the claims process which is 2FA to ensure that the proper owner of the forum can own the listing (so unscrupulous users don't change things they shouldn't have the right to). This is a 25-digit code that I send to your forum's contact forum and you must send it back to the contact forum on ForumDiscovery. It sounds complicated, but it ensures the integrity of the forum and ForumDiscovery by having the legitimate owner own the listing (and much easier, and probably more acceptable, than having users make a DNS entry like Amazon or LetsEncrypt do).

What are you using for the directory?
Bob's Link Directory, phrased out, and lightly customized.

It's actually the one on here (AAF), but you wouldn't be able to recognize it because every phrase was changed to match.

I also have custom tools for scraping forums to add forum software, forum establish date, thread counts, messages, and member counts, when they can be picked up (some styles [and platforms] don't work well with it and I haven't gotten around to modifying those tools to ensure 95% of it can be understood and entered correctly without being manually verified).

Other tools are also being built to go along with it to help users find a suitable community for them easier than going category by category, page by page, tag by tag, etc.

I'll reply and tag you here once the listing is live.

V/r

If you can share what you use to grab the screenshots that would be awesome.

I used to use LD by au lait. It was the best. Basically automated everything. You add the url and it grabbed screenshot, meta description and title. All you had to do was format it how you wanted after it pulled it in. I have Bobs installed. I thought it would be on par with LD. While it's a great piece of work it is lacking. It's sad that an old script was that good and then abandoned.

Reactions: frm
If you can share what you use to grab the screenshots that would be awesome.

I used to use LD by au lait. It was the best. Basically automated everything. You add the url and it grabbed screenshot, meta description and title. All you had to do was format it how you wanted after it pulled it in. I have Bobs installed. I thought it would be on par with LD. While it's a great piece of work it is lacking. It's sad that an old script was that good and then abandoned.
Claim string sent on your contact form to get the claim for Forum² approved:

Back
Top Bottom