Have you ever converted one forum to another forum (software)?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
I have converted a few forums in my days.

I converted an SMF forum to XenForo. I've also converted an SMF forum to IP.Board.

I converted a VB forum to IP.Board as well.

How about you all?

Yep. vb to ipb. ipb to xenforo. xenforo to mybb then to bbpress. bbpress back to xenforo. phpbb to discourse. A few others too.

For the time the site was a part of a blog yes. A few years down the road I decided the blog wasn't worth it and hence the switch back to xenforo.

For the time the site was a part of a blog yes. A few years down the road I decided the blog wasn't worth it and hence the switch back to xenforo.
I've had a lot of issues trying to work with BBPress as well as other forum addons in WordPress. I guess I'm spoiled with forum software.

I have never done this but I think I need this. I am running on open source and I would like to move to premium software. I want to convert my MyBB forum into Xenforo forum.

I've thought about it, but not done it. Usually, if I go from one software to another, then the old forum would be stored away or destroyed.

I have never done this but I think I need this. I am running on open source and I would like to move to premium software. I want to convert my MyBB forum into Xenforo forum.
If you decide to do it we will help you along.

I started my forum using MyBB, and switched to Xenforo. I needed a mobile friendly version, and MyBB also stopped receiving updates.

Reactions: AWS
I did use vBulletin 4 back in the days, then I started testing xenForo.
xenForo was very new, but it met all what I needed.
I have played a little bit with other free forums software, but never used them as an actual live forum, mostly to learn a little bit.

So no, I don't have experience moving one to another software. I am pretty happy with xenForo.

Back
Top Bottom