How does your forum make you feel?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
I love forums, a lot.

They get me excited. I love using them and have loved them ever since I discovered them decades ago.

I get an overwhelming joy and a rush when I post on forums.

How about you? Do you share the same feelings, or am I just weird? LOL

Is it actually forums itself that give you the rush of joy, or being a part of a community? For example, do you get the same rush when you post in Facebook or on another online group?

Is it actually forums itself that give you the rush of joy, or being a part of a community? For example, do you get the same rush when you post in Facebook or on another online group?
I actually closed my Facebook account. Got to be same old same old. Forums will always be my passion.

It's forums. I have a very large Facebook group with around 45K members. It's extremely active. I don't get the same feeling on it to be honest. Something about a forum, especially when it's something I've built up.

I actually closed my Facebook account. Got to be same old same old. Forums will always be my passion.
I mainly use mine for my Hiking with Shawn brand. I have a page with 20K followers (almost lol) and I even get performance bonuses. If Facebook wants to pay me to be active, I'll take it. LOL.

My forum brings me joy and happiness. I love running it, and it’s always exciting to see it grow.

My forum brings me joy and happiness. I love running it, and it’s always exciting to see it grow.
I agree. I'm even content with just seeing the few of you posting here. It means a lot.

My forum makes me feel like I have a purpose. I don't know what I'd do with myself everyday if I didn't have my site.

It's the forum and it's environment. It's something we build little by little and we have control over it. The contrary with FB or FB groups. You have no sense of ownership and your account can be wiped out any day.( I would be scared to build a business based on FB without pulling my clients to my own website(s) )

I also fell in love with forums when I discovered them. People in forums tend to follow up conversations. On FB, they seem to be in a rush all the time and it's hard to come back to old posts due to the way the system works.

I remember when I had my much bigger weather-related forum. It essentially hit around 100,000 posts and 10K members. The town I lived in at the time didn't even have 1K residents. To have a forum bigger than my town amazed me. Haha. Feelings like that!

I remember when I had my much bigger weather-related forum. It essentially hit around 100,000 posts and 10K members. The town I lived in at the time didn't even have 1K residents. To have a forum bigger than my town amazed me. Haha. Feelings like that!
No more no less. Yes, looking it that ways it's incredible amazing :) That's the power of internet!

No more no less. Yes, looking it that ways it's incredible amazing :) That's the power of internet!
It's crazy if you really think about it!

It's crazy if you really think about it!
It really is. :)
My nearest town is about 20 minutes away, and they have like 10k people. I understand what you are saying.

Side note: The the other day I was watching a video of some guys that goes into decaying/small towns and they help the town's economy
by buying properties and introducing a ton of businesses. I also thought I was the only crazy thinking on that, but no, there are
more crazy people out there like me lol... we just haven't met yet :)

Back
Top Bottom