How much did you spend on your forum?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
To get your forum started, how much money did you have to spend on it?

How much money do you have to spend on it each year to keep it going?

Are you making any of that money back?

I spend the price of the license for the software.

I have a sister topic on AJ:

The way that I asked my question on AJ is to make it sharper in helping people think through at what threshold is the spending too much.

I spend more than I have to.

I buy the license, a premium theme, and sometimes a few premium addons. Renewals each year.

But my forums are focusing on my passions and they make me love my passions even more so it's worth the price. For now.

I started my forum about a year ago. I have spent multiple thousands into my forum and projects. I do one of the things I love to do(coding and making ideas into projects) On top of that, I am doing the things I always wanted to do for over 20 years -helping as many people as possible. I really enjoy paying them for posting and tipping on their content. Even though 99% I don't even check the posts. I went to the extreme to pay them per word lol :)
I really don't have a set limit when it's too much because my goals are quite big as well and to make money, you have to spend money.

Reactions: AWS
I really enjoy paying them for posting and tipping on their content. Even though 99% I don't even check the posts. I went to the extreme to pay them per word lol :)
Are you a big tipper in real life?? :D

Are you a big tipper in real life?? :D
Yep. I am always in trouble with my wife for that reason lol..

Let me elaborate a little bit more... I am an option day trader, it's not hard at all to tip someone $5k - $15k when they are working their way up.
I do not teach or sell any trading courses. I have gone broke many times and I have gone through really tough situations to learn what I know,
and I really don't wish that even to my enemies.
$15k is the max tip I have ever given as of now. And I am looking forward to be able to tip even more.

Last edited:
I am sorry If I sounded arrogant, but @JoelR seems to have some kind of "love" for me and he keeps quoting me on multiple forums.
I am not rich, and many times I am broke. But when I make big wins trading I love to share my winnings with the people near me.

Been broke it's not a big deal for me due to the things I have learned like option trading in which i can be "broke" the night before and the next morning
making $15k within an hour. And I truly do not love money. I do love the lives I can change when I share that money with someone that it's almost impossible for them to make that kind of money and deserves an opportunity in life and it doesn't matter in which part of the world you are. I love you as brother.
From me to you @JoelR, I love what you do with your forums, and you truly inspire me. But don't be a rock in my shoe. please...

@JoelR If you still in doubt I am not a big tipper in real life.
AdminJunkies.com is for sale. If by Sunday October 13, 2024 this domain has the same price as of today,
I will buy it and donate it to you for your Admin-Junkies forum here in the open public. It's a promise.

Screenshot Capture - 2024-10-09 - 11-02-31.jpg

AdminJunkies.com is for sale. If by Sunday October 13, 2024 this domain has the same price as of today,
I will buy it and donate it to you for your Admin-Junkies forum here in the open public. It's a promise.

View attachment 27
That would be awfully nice of you!

View attachment 27
Wait, I was looking at ForumJunkies which is 'on sale' for only $998.

I am sorry If I sounded arrogant, but @JoelR seems to have some kind of "love" for me and he keeps quoting me on multiple forums.
I like you :)

I like Shawn :)

I like certain people who bring an elevated level of conversation that isn't always found in legacy admin circles

Wait, I was looking at ForumJunkies which is 'on sale' for only $998.
I just went directly to the domain name and that's what it shows on HugeDomains. ($2,295) I just took that screenshot this morning.
Where did you see it on sale?

I like certain people who bring an elevated level of conversation that isn't always found in legacy admin circles
Well thank you, Joel! I happen to like you as well :)

Most of the time I spend online is on my forum, even if I'm not posting I like to monitor my site.

I try to respond to most discussions to keep the content flowing.

Most of the time I spend online is on my forum, even if I'm not posting I like to monitor my site.

I try to respond to most discussions to keep the content flowing.
I always try to keep a tab open with my forums on it while I do other things online so I can jump back and forth.

I just got the domain under a plan. I tried to login at Admin-Junkies to let you know but I am not getting the email to reset my password.
Just get in touch
Screenshot Capture - 2024-10-12 - 12-08-41.jpg
Screenshot Capture - 2024-10-12 - 12-11-25.jpg

Back
Top Bottom