Invision Is Invision leading the forum space?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Check out their recent news posts:

The community is amazing. The features are out of this world. It's like Circle meets Forums.

How do you all feel about Invision?

Unlike many when the vbulletin debacle happened I switched ti IPB instead of xenforo. More features and to me much easier to manage. The permission system in xenforo has always confused me. No logic to it. IPB was much easier.

I left IPB when they changed their business model with the release of 4.0. They clearly wanted to get rid of legacy customers and gear more to enterprise. My first 3 licences were considered legacy and as such would get upgrades at $25 forever. They gave us a free upgrade to IPB 4 and then onto the 6 month renewal. I started the process to move to xenforo. I do have 1 active license and might put a test site up.

Unlike many when the vbulletin debacle happened I switched ti IPB instead of xenforo. More features and to me much easier to manage. The permission system in xenforo has always confused me. No logic to it. IPB was much easier.

I left IPB when they changed their business model with the release of 4.0. They clearly wanted to get rid of legacy customers and gear more to enterprise. My first 3 licences were considered legacy and as such would get upgrades at $25 forever. They gave us a free upgrade to IPB 4 and then onto the 6 month renewal. I started the process to move to xenforo. I do have 1 active license and might put a test site up.
It seems like everything is SaaS these days. I want to install software on my servers not rely on their servers.

Reactions: AWS
Check out their recent news posts:

The community is amazing. The features are out of this world. It's like Circle meets Forums.

How do you all feel about Invision?
Certainly out of the legacy developers, I would argue WBB and IPS are the most forward thinking. IPS has a very strong hypothesis about the future of online communities: much more solutions oriented, much more about learning and content management, much more transactional.

Certainly out of the legacy developers, I would argue WBB and IPS are the most forward thinking. IPS has a very strong hypothesis about the future of online communities: much more solutions oriented, much more about learning and content management, much more transactional.
I didn't even realize Woltlab was still in business until you mentioned them!

Back
Top Bottom