Multiple Domain Extensions

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Let's say you name your forum myforum.com.

Then you notice myforum.org, myforum.net, myforum.forum, myforum.etc is all available.

Do you register them all and point to your .com or does those not matter to you?

Use to be a good idea to register them all. Now it doesn't matter. People don't buy the unused extensions for popular forums any longer. The SE's are too smart to fall for that.

Use to be a good idea to register them all. Now it doesn't matter. People don't buy the unused extensions for popular forums any longer. The SE's are too smart to fall for that.
Yeah I remember when I always did that.

Now I just go for the domain I want and stop there.

I used to buy them all too long time ago. Now I just buy the .com. Sometimes I get the singular/plural of the name and any possible easy misspelling.
But I stopped buying other extensions to develop my projects.

I used to buy them all too long time ago. Now I just buy the .com. Sometimes I get the singular/plural of the name and any possible easy misspelling.
But I stopped buying other extensions to develop my projects.
Interesting about the plural and misspelled domain names. That might be a smart idea!

Back
Top Bottom