vBulletin Ordered me a vBulletin 6 license

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't used vBulletin since 3.X.

When it went to 4, it got worse IMO at the time.

Well, I decided to snag me up a v6 license and see what it's all about.

I'm going to use it to create an off topic/general forum. I'm excited about using a new (but not so new) software!

I'll update this post with more of my feelings as I use it.

I also took the plunge. Haven't decided what I'll do with it yet. What I have seen it is feature rich so addons not needed.

Look forward to see what you come up with.

I also took the plunge. Haven't decided what I'll do with it yet. What I have seen it is feature rich so addons not needed.

Look forward to see what you come up with.
Yeah. I'm excited about not needing addons to extend it. As I've said before, I don't like using addons that much.

How do you feel about the price?
Price is actually cheaper than IPB or xenforo. No yearly license renewal either. In fact vbulletin 5 gave you free updates for like 4 years.

Price is actually cheaper than IPB or xenforo. No yearly license renewal either. In fact vbulletin 5 gave you free updates for like 4 years.
You can't beat that. Looks like they could make a major comeback with that deal.

Wow. I didn't even realize that there is no renewal fee! :o

You get free updates for the life of vbulletin 6. vbulletin 5 that renewal period was for 4 years.

You get free updates for the life of vbulletin 6. vbulletin 5 that renewal period was for 4 years.
Then it's too late because VB 5 isn't for sale anymore.

VB6 will be the same way. It will at least 4 years until VB7 gets released.

Back
Top Bottom