Php the right way resource site

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Cpvr

Reaction score
I recently found this resource site on Reddit, and it’s great at providing a variety of guides for PHP. So, if you’re looking to learn something new, PHP: The Right Way can help guide you.

This website aims to introduce new PHP developers to some topics which they may not discover until it is too late, and aims to give seasoned pros some fresh ideas on those topics they’ve been doing for years without ever reconsidering. This website will also not tell you which tools to use, but instead offer suggestions for multiple options, when possible explaining the differences in approach and use-case.

This is a living document and will continue to be updated with more helpful information and examples as they become available.

Reactions: AWS
Nice! I like this. I've went ahead and made it a sticky. Thanks for sharing it @Cpvr :)

I remember in the early days of PHP I was fairly proficient in Perl. John Percival who ran a visual basic forum like me. Our 2 sites were closely tied sharing resources. Anyway both sites ran UBB. Site search was useless on our forums. Searching flat files took forever and lots of resources. John want mysql and I wanted sql server. John went on to create vbulletin. Years later me and a member of my forum made vbulletin compliant with sql server. We created a drop in replacement for the db layer.

In any case when John released vbulletin I bought a license. No import scripts existed yet. I bought PHP for beginners at Border books and started to hack away. Create an import script before John got his finished. Then I stayed with PHP until today.

Back
Top Bottom