PM Promotion

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Do you ever private message other people on other forums to consider joining your forum?

There are a few ways of doing this. You can outright PM them which is spammy and might get you banned and reputable as a spammer. Or you can develop a relationship with the member and then ask them if you could share the link. If they're a friend, they're more likely to accept membership and not jump to the spam gun.

What do you all think?

That use to be a spammer tactic. When the spam filters caught the spam they would join and PM all members. That"s why I don't allow sending PM until they meet the required amount of posts to bypass spam filter.

That use to be a spammer tactic. When the spam filters caught the spam they would join and PM all members. That"s why I don't allow sending PM until they meet the required amount of posts to bypass spam filter.
Definitely an easy way to spam "covertly" if you can get away with it.

But the "cold calling" approach to it after building a relationship with the member has me as a fork in the road of whether to call it spam or call it an ethical way of promotion, especially if you ask the person for permission.

Back
Top Bottom