Staff-to-member ratio?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
How often do you make someone a staff member of your forum?

How many members should be present for two staff members? Three? Four? Ten?

Do you need a certain ratio of member numbers to exist before adding a staff member?

If a person is deserving the position. Is active on the forum keeps threads on topic I'll ask them if they want to be staff. Member count doesn't matter. What matters is how they interact with other members.

If a person is deserving the position. Is active on the forum keeps threads on topic I'll ask them if they want to be staff. Member count doesn't matter. What matters is how they interact with other members.
Would it matter if you had more staff members than regular members though?

Some might feel that there is too much staff for what little the membership might seem.

No. At one point in the infancy of visual basic forum I had 10 staff members and maybe 25 total members. I think that is why the site grew so fast. People would see a large number of staff members and know they would get quality help. Staff on that site consisted of not only admins and mods. There were experts and gurus that were sudo staff.

No. At one point in the infancy of visual basic forum I had 10 staff members and maybe 25 total members. I think that is why the site grew so fast. People would see a large number of staff members and know they would get quality help. Staff on that site consisted of not only admins and mods. There were experts and gurus that were sudo staff.
That's a good way of looking at it.

PLUS... More staff usually means that you'll have more active members posting and creating content.

Back
Top Bottom