When do you call it quits?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
When do you call it quits on running a forum?

Thinking about forums you have quit running in the past, what made you call it quits?

What would make you call it quits today with your current forum?

Are you taking steps to prevent wanting to quit it?

I got sick. Spent almost a year in treatment before I got a clean bill of health. I kept the sites running for a little while then it got to hard so I shut them down.

I didn't want to shut them down. I just couldn't keep up with treatments and the site.

As long as I can I will keep the forums going.

Live change events made me stop my first forum many years ago. (divorce)
Also, I didn't know better what I was doing. But it definitely helped me improve my English a ton.

What could make me quit the current? I really don't know. It must be something terrible that happens to me
because this one is more than a forum to me, it's a long life personal goal and I am using the forum to
make it come true and it's already happening :) Quitting the forum would be quitting a dream and I don't
see it happening, even with another divorce.

I got sick. Spent almost a year in treatment before I got a clean bill of health. I kept the sites running for a little while then it got to hard so I shut them down.

I didn't want to shut them down. I just couldn't keep up with treatments and the site.

You surefire run a LOT of sites. I hope you are in better health now ♥️

I’m just curious about what motivated you to run so many tech forums that served a common purpose?

That was me about 10 years ago.

I shut down AAF 1.0 and everything to try to amend my health and figure out life.

It was sad but really for the better of me.

Now that I've figured it all out, I'm back with a vengeance :D

I told myself I wasn't going to open a lot of forums. I however have done just that. I'm not overwhelmed by them all, I'm letting them grow on their own and just keeping them as hobbies. Before I was too into vanity metrics and getting huge forums. Now, I just want to make friends and enjoy talking about my passions.

I think that will keep me invested in it forever!

That was me about 10 years ago.

I shut down AAF 1.0 and everything to try to amend my health and figure out life.

It was sad but really for the better of me.

Now that I've figured it all out, I'm back with a vengeance :D

I told myself I wasn't going to open a lot of forums. I however have done just that. I'm not overwhelmed by them all, I'm letting them grow on their own and just keeping them as hobbies. Before I was too into vanity metrics and getting huge forums. Now, I just want to make friends and enjoy talking about my passions.

I think that will keep me invested in it forever!
Yeah tbf it’s hard to go beyond good acquaintances at best on big boards

Back
Top Bottom