xenForo 1.x

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

AWS

AAF Moderator
Big Board
Reaction score
I haven't had a site on xenForo 1.x in a while. I adopted 2.0 early on.

I now have 2 sites on 1.5.14 the last in the line of 1.x. One site, when I open it back up, will be on 2.3.3. The new\old site I revived was on 1.2. I wasn't going to install PHP 5.x to get it going so I upgraded to 1.5.14 which will run on PHP 7.4. I have 2 versions of PHP installed 7.4 and 8.3.11.

Anyway I am liking the simplicity of 1.5.14. I actually prefer the default style to the new style introduced in 2.0. I hope that the new style we hear about in 3.0 rocks.

What you think about old xenForo 1.5.14?

It's been a while since I used the 1 series. I really can't remember what it was like. I don't think it had the like system, right?

In all honesty, it might have been the lack of simplicity that helped doom forums. Simple keeps the forum the main feature, right?

Everyone who wanted a massive amount of feature eventually got them -- where are they now?

It has likes. Only likes though.

You could be right. But, the new forums are even simpler to use. I had a discourse test site up for almost a year. I loved it. So simple and ellegant at the same time.

It has likes. Only likes though.

You could be right. But, the new forums are even simpler to use. I had a discourse test site up for almost a year. I loved it. So simple and ellegant at the same time.
Yeah and simple is better especially on a phone. If you can make engagement a quick task, you'll get more engagement. Sure us old school forum folks will take the time to post as we always have but more and more new people want to do something lightning fast so they can keep scrolling.

I'm wondering if it's easy to get one of those old forums going. I suppose you just have to lower the php, right? Well, it can be a tough deal installing XenForo.

Probably, so. Lowering the PHP is pretty much a one-click operation for me in my web hosting panel although I might get warnings saying I'm at risk.

Reactions: AWS
Probably, so. Lowering the PHP is pretty much a one-click operation for me in my web hosting panel although I might get warnings saying I'm at risk.
Yep. Can run different PHP versions per site too.

Back
Top Bottom