Ask Shawn Anything

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

I thought yesterday I posted a question here. I must never got "Post reply" pressed.

It was: How did you get started Hiking?

I thought yesterday I posted a question here. I must never got "Post reply" pressed.

It was: How did you get started Hiking?
I think you posted that on the announcement thread haha. Easy mistake.

How did I get into hiking?

Back in 2011-12, I realized I was in my 20s and in really bad health. I smoked 2 packs a day, drank like a fish, and ate mostly fast food. I did nothing for exercise and rarely got outside. I was depressed, alone, and always sick.

I started cycling for exercise. I fell in love with it. I did it so much that I was burning myself out and going back to my old ways. Then I started hiking and fell in love with it. Now I do both to balance each one out.

I started making YouTube videos of my hikes and it turned into Hiking with Shawn which is a monetized brand now. Everything in my life changed after that. I met my now wife because of hiking.

I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't eat fast food as much LOL. I'm biking and hiking most days a week and always trying to get outside.

I'm 40 and I feel younger now than I did at 20.

:)

Back
Top Bottom