Fake Members

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Some forums employ fake members as a way to increase membership vanity metrics for marketing purposes.

This practice has even been brought over to social media as you can buy fake followers for your social media profiles. However, it's often a good way to get banned from the social networking platform.

How do you feel about it? For it or against it? What's your justification?

Can you put post exchanges along with fake members? Some think it's the same while others don't.

I'm interested in what you all think about these topics!

I never thought about it. I know one of my co-admins on a site I sold had about 10 personas that he would post with. I didn't find this out until I sold the site.

I never thought about it. I know one of my co-admins on a site I sold had about 10 personas that he would post with. I didn't find this out until I sold the site.
Split personality.

I couldn't keep up with 10 accounts, LOL.

I would screw up and oust myself quickly LOL

I am really against that practice.
I have another account at my forum for testing as a regular user, but it says so in the about section.

Back
Top Bottom