Another Admin Forum: A forum for forum owners!

Forum launching on 1st September

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

A forum where forum owners can discuss running forums. Register or Login Now.

_Al

I have started a forum which will run alongside a blog. The blog is already active and is getting some decent content added and is attracting some traffic too. The blog is at rtshq.net and the forum will sit on rtshq.net/hub

With the help of Russ I have a great style in place (in my humble opinion). It's clean, it's simple, and links - seamlessly - the blog and the forum.

rtsblog.jpg rtshub.jpg

I have some paid posters already onboard and engaged with accounts created by me to avoid them "knowing" each other or using usernames which are linked to community promotion sites. These guys have strict criteria to follow in terms of content and content quality. I've also lined up additional posters to come on board from September 01 to increase activity at launch.

What else. I've been building relationships with indie game developers by writing about their games and I am hoping they will allow me to advertise the forum when it launches. I also have a full suite of social media accounts to actively promote the forum. We're on Reddit, Twitter / X, Facebook, YouTube, Steam, Instagram and Discord.

I really want this to be successful. Like, really passionate about making it a success. Not in terms on monetary gain, but in terms of popularity and activity. There are no dedicated RTS forums that I have seen out there in recent years.

So that's a little intro and a 'what I have done so far' but the question is - other than google ads or other ad services which I am going to consider despite the potential costs - what else can I do to ensure this is a successful launch and successful community? If you build it they will come no longer works.

Happy to hear ideas and suggestions from you guys.

I think the more narrow you get with gaming niches, the better your community will be.

There are huge gaming forums out there that cover all topics and they're known for that.

Cover a specific topics and be the MAIN forum for that topic and you'll have a faster growing community.

Trying to be narrow, but not too narrow as with gaming that would suggest a shelf-life. I have another forum dedicated to a single game. This is something which is covering all real-time strategy games.

Trying to be narrow, but not too narrow as with gaming that would suggest a shelf-life. I have another forum dedicated to a single game. This is something which is covering all real-time strategy games.
I almost started a gaming forum once. It was going to be for Sims 4. That's like the only game I ever play LOL

Back
Top Bottom