How are you building forum backlinks?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
AAF Administrator
AAF Moderator
Reaction score
Backlinks are links to your forum on other relevant websites. They can help with SEO and search engine ranking.

How are you building your forum backlinks?

How many backlinks (rough estimate) do you feel you have out there?

I’m building backlinks by submitting my forum to directories, using my forum signature, and promoting it on Reddit and Tumblr.

In addition to my forum’s index, I also build backlinks to other pages, such as specific threads and my games directory, which helps these pages rank well in search engines.

According to Google Search Console, I have over 15,000 backlinks. However, many of these were accumulated over time, as my domain is 20 years old.

I try to build new backlinks as often I can.

It’s a good idea as forum owners that we build backlinks, so we can attract new users that way too. We need more visibility on the search engines as a whole.

Last edited:
In addition to my forum’s index, I also build backlinks to other pages, such as specific threads and my games directory, which helps these pages rank well in search engines.
That's important, too.

A backlink to just your root domain isn't really that effective in terms of SEO.

If you have a thread full of great content that is still being added to, then you should try to get backlinks from it as well.

Just like you would with blog posts.

Signature links in forums, and social media are the primary ways I build backlinks for my forum. I have links on a few sites related to my niche too.

Back
Top Bottom