What social media sites do you like to use?

Welcome to Another Admin Forum!

Welcome to Another Admin Forum! Join our community of forum creators today. Register for a free account and get tips, resources, and support to build and grow your forum. Let's create better forums together!

Cpvr

Reaction score
I like to use Facebook to stay connected with my friends and family members, but I also use TikTok to watch short videos and sometimes long videos. Twitter is another social media site that I use often, along with Tumblr and Reddit. However, I don’t consider Reddit to be a social media site; it’s more of a forum!

What about you? What social media sites do you like to use?

I mainly use social to promote my hiking brand. I use Facebook, X, IG, Threads, and YouTube.

I stay away from TikTok. It's one big China "weather" balloon, IMO.

I have social media accounts with X, Facebook, Truth Social, MeWe and BlueSky for doing my posts for my business and for FP. I think X probably gets the most attention though, but I really don't know.

That's interesting! You seem to have a good mix of platforms for connecting with people and consuming content. I've always found the debate about Reddit being a social media or a forum fascinating.

I primarily use Facebook, X, and LinkedIn. While I do enjoy exploring other platforms, these are the ones that best suit my needs and interests.

I've never had luck with Reddit.

How can you utilize it without being seen as a spammer?

I've never had luck with Reddit.

How can you utilize it without being seen as a spammer?
Find subreddits that allow you to post links and make relevant posts that go with the flow of the conversation.

The rules of a subreddit are generally found under the “community info” tab.

I really don't like to use none of them. I use FB for my business, but not much for personal use. It's so full of scammers that I find it difficult to make business.
I spend more time screening out the bad actors than the actual clients I get. (it has been a big waste of time for me)

I really don't like to use none of them. I use FB for my business, but not much for personal use. It's so full of scammers that I find it difficult to make business.
I spend more time screening out the bad actors than the actual clients I get. (it has been a big waste of time for me)
What is your business? Would it be more effective to move to something like LinkedIn?

What is your business? Would it be more effective to move to something like LinkedIn?
One of my business is mainly for locals (FerranosFarm .com ) It redirects to my farm page. And due to much scams, I started EggsNearby .com (a classified site for farmers and Homesteaders)

I don't know much about LinkedIn, but I perceive it more for "online" business?

One of my business is mainly for locals (FerranosFarm .com ) It redirects to my farm page. And due to much scams, I started EggsNearby .com (a classified site for farmers and Homesteaders)

I don't know much about LinkedIn, but I perceive it more for "online" business?
LinkedIn is good for B2B IMO, Business to Business networking. That could work for your Eggs Nearby brand.

LinkedIn is good for B2B IMO, Business to Business networking. That could work for your Eggs Nearby brand.
For EggsNearby, I plan some time next year to make an LLC and make an aggressive advertising campaign (locally to conquer one area/city at a time). It's easier when backed up with a legal entity to be able to promote it everywhere. But I plan to make it "the place to go" about farm related stuff marketplace. I have already big influencers(farms) waiting for it, but they want it to be a legal company for them to back me up. So, good stuff are coming towards that project.

I get it.

I have several LLCs, liability insurance, too.

My Hiking with Shawn brand is an LLC, insured and federally trademarked.

I use most social media platforms to build links, and to reach out to more members. I'm on Facebook, X, and recently started using Bluesky. I also have threads, and Instagram that I use less often.

Bluesky reminds me of the old Twitter days. I really like their interface. I have an account on Mastodon too, but I haven’t used it that much yet.
Are a lot of people using these networks?

Back
Top Bottom